Understanding How FlyBuy Uses Location Data: FlyBuy uses your device’s location information to optimize your overall pickup experience. It uses location data to update your ETA so that the crew knows when to start your order, notify the crew of your arrival on premises, and even determine where you are parked in the lot. Your iOS device has 3 location setting options.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap PRIVACY.
- Tap LOCATION SERVICES. Make sure Location Services is toggled on.
- Tap FLYBUY.
- Select from the 3 location access options. The recommended setting is "Always".
- Always (recommended setting) - FlyBuy will start collecting location data from when you open the app to start an order to when an order is completed by you or the crew. This means that the crew will be receiving real-time updates even when the app is running in the background.
- While Using the App - Your order may be delayed. The crew will only receive updates if the app is open and running because FlyBuy will only collect location data if the app is running in the foreground. Make sure to open the app once you arrive in the pickup area.
- Never - You will need to manually send a notification upon arrival. The crew will not receive real-time updates because FlyBuy will never collect location data. Please reference the “Completing an Order” article for more information on how to notify the crew.