Configuring USB Beacons Utilizing the Physical Web
Please configure one beacon at a time.
1. Download the RadBeacon app
2. Plug the USB beacon in which will start the configurable window
- If you’ve already plugged it in,simply unplug and replug to restart the configurable window
- This step will only have to be completed one time, as the beacon will keep its configuration when you unplug
3. Open the RadBeacon app and scan for the RadBeacon
- For iOS users: Swipe down on the empty beacon list to begin scanning for configurable beacons.
- For Android users: Press the “scan” button.
4. Tap on the beacon in the list that you would like to configure
5. Turn on Eddystone URL
6. Turn all others beacon formats off
7. Enter your HTTPS URL
8. Save all of the above settings
- For iOS users: Press the “actions” button, then “apply settings”
- For Android users: Press the “apply” button in the top right corner
9. When prompted to enter the 8-digit PIN is 00000000
10. If you choose to update your PIN, press the “actions” button followed by the “update pin” button.